积分

游客

积分
发表于 2003-2-12 16:29:02 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
tformers.com采访漫画作者Don Figueroa
Interview With Don Figueroa

By Visitor
Sunday, February 09 @ 09:37:27 CST

Stephen from They Are Among Us (TAAU) has e-mailed us once again with a short interview with Don Figueroa (The War Within)! Here's what he had to say about how the interview came up: "As a result of the continued interest and excitement surrounding Madman Entertainment's up-coming Australian special edition DVD release of Transformers: The Movie, we were contacted by the disc's producer, offering us the opportunity to carry out a short email interview with none other than Don Figueroa, the Dreamwave artist responsible for the DVD's stunning front cover."

Steven has requested that we post the interview here at TFormers.com for the fans to see, so here you go!

TAAU: What is your favourite part of the DVD cover you designed for the Australian edition of Transformers: The Movie?
Figueroa: I think Putting Unicron as a background, I always liked his planet mode more than his robot mode!

TAAU: How long does it take you to produce a finished illustration, from concept to completion? How long are you allocated/do you allow yourself for each stage, such as research, rough design/ideas, finalised concept and then complete illustration?
Figueroa: About a day. Firstly I'll sit and think about how the piece will look - which can take anything from a couple of minutes to a few hours - then, once that is set, I'll get started on the actual pencils. It will take me a few of hours to pencil the whole thing, sometimes doing two versions.
I then send a scan of the pencils for approval, and, once everything's cool, I then begin inking, which usually takes between 2 - 3 hours.

TAAU: How much of the work produced at Dreamwave is a collaboration, and how much is left to the individual designer? For instance, do you have Pat standing over you with a high powered lamp, inspecting your every pencil stroke, or ar
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|变形金刚联盟 ( 京ICP备06002198号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 03:15 , Processed in 0.171822 second(s), 18 queries .